Monday, June 9, 2008

J.G. Wentworth Commericals - Working for You

I thought about something as I was walking into Macy's today to pay another $65 on my bill (which brings my total owed to $94.32 ... YAY!). For some reason the J.G. Wentworth commercial popped into my head. You know, the one where the people stick their heads out of their windows and yell "It's my money and I need it now!". Now, I don't have a structured settlement or an annuity, but it did occur to me that I was walking into the store to give my money to someone else. And not only that, but the fact that I had been paying them interest for far too long on the amount I had on my credit card.

I wanted to run into the store and scream at the top of my lungs ... "It's my money and I don't want to give it to you because I want to use it for other things!" This is my loose translation of the J.G. Wentworth commercial as it applies to my situation. But seriously, I could think of a million things to do with my $65 that did not include giving it to Macy's.

It really motivated me to hit my goals of paying down my debt aggressively over the next two months. I don't want to give anyone any more of my money unless I want to. I never thought that a commercial could be so empowering.

No comments: